This is not Marilyn Manson. Guitar solos (great ones!), love songs, melodies, danceable rhythms. I love you, so much you must kill me now. Dita Von Teese broke his heart and he became a vulnerable, insecure, normal human being. Don't break my heart and I won't break your heart-shaped glasses. She tried to change him, to 'fix' him. I gave my soul to someone else. She must have known that it was already sold. It was never about her, it was about the hurt. This is not Mr. Manson.Mutilation's the most sincere form of flattery. Eat Me, Drink Me alludes to what Manson considers is the best way of dying: If I have to choose a way to die, it would be eaten alive by somebody; something more romantic and seductive.
The music is good, though. He plays the drums and his partner in this adventure, Tim Skold, is in charge of guitars, bass, keyboards, engineering, programming and production. He is the catalyst, the one who makes Manson's catharsis possible in this album. It's a great, excelent rock album, but this is not Marilyn Manson.
Without Twiggy Ramírez on guitar. No political criticisms, no satanism, no sadism, no... Manson. Is this the Marilyn part and its fragility in its pure state? No, this is Brian Warner yelling out and asking us to exorcize him. Asking us to release him, deliver him from evil, from the devil (who's the devil?), who has taken control of him. This is Brian Warner asking us to please, please!, save him from death.
Should we save him?
Hell's cool:
They Said That Hell's Not Hot
I kill myself in small amounts
In each relationship it's not about love.
Just another funeral and just another girl left in tears.
And I'm waiting
With the sound turned off
I'm waiting
Like a glass balloon
I'm fading
Into the void and then
I'm gone, I'm gone, I'm gone...
They said that hell's not hot
They said that hell's not hot
I gave my soul to someone else
She must have known that it was already sold.
It was never about her,
It was about the hurt.
I kill myself in small amounts
In each relationship it's not about love.
Just another funeral and just another girl left in tears.
And I'm waiting
With the sound turned off
I'm waiting
Like a glass balloon
I'm fading
Into the void and then
I'm gone, I'm gone, I'm gone...
They said that hell's not hot
They said that hell's not hot
I gave my soul to someone else
She must have known that it was already sold.
It was never about her,
It was about the hurt.



















No comments:
Post a Comment