Is it really important to play an unplugged? I mean, an MTV Unplugged? Maybe in the past. But now, any band can make it. It doesn't have a worth. So, the question is: Why Korn, a big band who has nothing to demonstrate, would want to play an MTV unplugged?
The album is weird. There is some attempt to make a good work with the acoustic guitar, some kind of Flamenco stuff on the first songs. Although Munky is doing a good job, Head's guitar is missing. They need both on stage. They played Creep of Radiohead, but it didn't work. It's the worst song of the album. They also played In between days (with Robert Smith on vocals) in the middle of Make me bad.
There are good versions though, there are Got the life, Blind or Freak on a leash, this last one featuring Amy Lee on vocals. This could be a really good version. Actually, it is but... it's censored. Yes, that's the MTV style. Those smart asses muted the voices every time they said fuck. Only once they forgot to, when you can listen to Amy saying that 'terrible' word: fuck. Bullshit. Fuck, fuck, fuck it!. Why to censor?
Anyway, in general terms, there is a lack of power. I'm not sure who plays the percussions. There are rumors about David taking a time off from Korn.
But don't misunderstand me, this album is not that bad, but I think Korn could have made a better job. Before they made the show, their managers said to them something like this: "Let's see if it works. If it doesn't work, we don't do it". The final question is: Did it work?
The album will be on stores on March 6th, but you can already download it here.
And you can watch the whole show here (only in the US).
Here is the setlist:
The album is weird. There is some attempt to make a good work with the acoustic guitar, some kind of Flamenco stuff on the first songs. Although Munky is doing a good job, Head's guitar is missing. They need both on stage. They played Creep of Radiohead, but it didn't work. It's the worst song of the album. They also played In between days (with Robert Smith on vocals) in the middle of Make me bad.
There are good versions though, there are Got the life, Blind or Freak on a leash, this last one featuring Amy Lee on vocals. This could be a really good version. Actually, it is but... it's censored. Yes, that's the MTV style. Those smart asses muted the voices every time they said fuck. Only once they forgot to, when you can listen to Amy saying that 'terrible' word: fuck. Bullshit. Fuck, fuck, fuck it!. Why to censor?
Anyway, in general terms, there is a lack of power. I'm not sure who plays the percussions. There are rumors about David taking a time off from Korn.
But don't misunderstand me, this album is not that bad, but I think Korn could have made a better job. Before they made the show, their managers said to them something like this: "Let's see if it works. If it doesn't work, we don't do it". The final question is: Did it work?
The album will be on stores on March 6th, but you can already download it here.
And you can watch the whole show here (only in the US).
Here is the setlist:
1. Blind
2. Hollow Life
3. Freak On A Leash
4. Falling Away
5. Creep
6. Love Song
7. Got The Life
8. Twisted Transistor
9. Coming Undone
10. Make Me Bad / In Between Days
11. Throw Me Away
2. Hollow Life
3. Freak On A Leash
4. Falling Away
5. Creep
6. Love Song
7. Got The Life
8. Twisted Transistor
9. Coming Undone
10. Make Me Bad / In Between Days
11. Throw Me Away
For the non-US majority who reads this blog, below is a little sample:
Feel like a freak:
Something takes a part of me.
Something lost and never seen.
Everytime I start to believe,
Somethings raped and taken from me... from me.
Lifes got to always be messing with me. (you wanna see the light)
Cant they chill and let me be free? (so do I)
Cant I take away all this pain. (you wanna see the light)
I try to every night, all in vain... in vain.
Sometimes I cannot take this place.
Sometimes its my life I cant taste.
Sometimes I cannot feel my face.
Youll never see me fall from grace
Something takes a part of me.
You and I were meant to be.
A cheap fuck for me to lay
Something takes a part of me.
Feeling like a freak on a leash. (you wanna see the light)
Feeling like I have no release. (so do I)
How many times have I felt diseased? (you wanna see the light)
Nothing in my life is free... is free
Sometimes I cannot take this place.
Sometimes its my life I cant taste.
Sometimes I cannot feel my face.
Youll never see me fall from grace
Something takes a part of me.
You and I were meant to be.
A cheap fuck for me to lay
Something takes a part of me.
Boom na da mmm dum na ema
Da boom na da mmm dum na ema
Go!
So...fight! something on the...
Fight...some things they fight
So...something on the...
Fight...some things they fight
Fight...something of the
No...some things they fight
Fight...something of the...
Fight...some things they fight
Something takes a part of me.
You and I were meant to be.
A cheap fuck for me to lay
Something takes a part of me.
Part of me...
Something lost and never seen.
Everytime I start to believe,
Somethings raped and taken from me... from me.
Lifes got to always be messing with me. (you wanna see the light)
Cant they chill and let me be free? (so do I)
Cant I take away all this pain. (you wanna see the light)
I try to every night, all in vain... in vain.
Sometimes I cannot take this place.
Sometimes its my life I cant taste.
Sometimes I cannot feel my face.
Youll never see me fall from grace
Something takes a part of me.
You and I were meant to be.
A cheap fuck for me to lay
Something takes a part of me.
Feeling like a freak on a leash. (you wanna see the light)
Feeling like I have no release. (so do I)
How many times have I felt diseased? (you wanna see the light)
Nothing in my life is free... is free
Sometimes I cannot take this place.
Sometimes its my life I cant taste.
Sometimes I cannot feel my face.
Youll never see me fall from grace
Something takes a part of me.
You and I were meant to be.
A cheap fuck for me to lay
Something takes a part of me.
Boom na da mmm dum na ema
Da boom na da mmm dum na ema
Go!
So...fight! something on the...
Fight...some things they fight
So...something on the...
Fight...some things they fight
Fight...something of the
No...some things they fight
Fight...something of the...
Fight...some things they fight
Something takes a part of me.
You and I were meant to be.
A cheap fuck for me to lay
Something takes a part of me.
Part of me...



















2 comments:
Qué buena página de descargas de música. Yo sólo conocía que también es buena, pero tiene más grupos caletas que conocidos.
En realidad, yo para bajar discos uso la tecnología bit torrent (en cualquiera de sus variantes), pero demora más. Más que todo, me interesan las reseñas para poder determinar qué discos me bajo y cuáles no, porque sino es imposible, en Internet encuentras todo lo que quieras. Pero ya hablaré en algún momento de dónde leer reseñas. Sin embargo, la página que mencionas está en algo. De repente me bajo un par de discos de ahí (Kaiser chiefs y Within temptation en la mira), porque así es más rápido.
También queda de tarea hacer un comentario sobre radios del mundo que se escuchan online, hablo de radios de verdad y no de radios únicamente online (aunque también hay muchas de éstas que valen la pena). Ya tocaré ese tema también en algún momento.
Post a Comment